Greetings are an act of communication in which human being intentionally make their presence known to each other and to show attention.
- Good morning (until about lunch time, before 12 a.m)
- Good afternoon (12-6 p.m)
- Good evening (until about 9 p.m)
- Good morning Sir, Ma'am,
- Hi, Nana!
- Morning, Eya!
- Hello Susan!
- How are you ? I'm fine thank you.
- How's it doing ?
- How are you doing ?
- How's life ?
Responding to initial greetings
- Very well, thank you. And you ?
- I'm good/okay/alright
- Oh, pretty good
- Not too bad, thanks
- Fine, thanks
How to introduce yourself:
1. Let me introduce myself...
2. Hello, I'm...... (Your name)
3. Hi. I'm.... You can call me...
4. Hello my name is.....
How do you introduce other people:
1. I would like to introduce
2. I would like you to meet
3. Excuse me, let me introduce my new friend. His/her name is....